A major insurance company in the Netherlands wanted to set up a cloud data platform to develop data-driven solutions. They selected ALTEN as a partner to co-source their departments with highly skilled professionals to realize this platform in Amazon Web Services (AWS) based on a datalake with over a hundred sources.
ALTEN professionals worked with the departments on the following activities:
- Implementing and developing the datalake
- Ingesting new internal and external sources
- Developing data pipelines, both streaming and batch
- Developing a Software Factory: CI/CD pipelines for continuous delivery
- Challenging on Data Strategy and Architecture
- Within the DevOps team taking on development as well as operations roles
- Advising and implementing platform improvements like cost management, containerization etc.
- Business Information Analyses
- Product owner and Scrum master roles
ALTEN added value
- Scaling up a team within six months
- Advising on Data Strategy
- Improving delivery of business value
- Improving velocity and predictability of the teams
- Bringing in more AWS knowledge
Software and skills
- AWS Datalake
- AWS Data Services: Glue, Athena, etc.
- AWS Cloud Platform: Lambda, Cloud Formation Template, SQS, SNS, EC2, ECS
- Microsoft PowerBI
- Atlassian: Bamboo, Bitbucket, Jira
- Azure DevOps
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFE)
A large team with a diverse range of roles has been set up that was able to realize a data platform in AWS that consists of
- a datalake with 100+ sources
- ingestion of all their data
- publication of ‘fit-for-purpose’ data
- a Business intelligence (ETL) engine
- publication of a dashboard and reports
A long-term, on-going partnership has been established in which DevOps teams with ALTEN consultants further develop and maintain the platform.