Data Policy for the Province
ALTEN is a strategic partner in the field of data policy for a larger province in the Netherlands. This province is committed every day to ensure a more beautiful, future-proof, and sustainable living environment. As a partner, ALTEN is instrumental for the province to work as an organization in a data-driven manner, and the province recognizes that a data platform such as a central data infrastructure is necessary to achieve this.
- Realisation of an end-to-end cloud-based Data Platform solution, including creation of its architecture, developing the solution, and managing the project
- Developing and publishing of custom APIs through Azure API Management
- Setting up the data platform security
- Setting up the data platform in a scalable manner for both efficiency and cost management
- Scrum-based development of the data platform
- Implementing technical governance measures for legislation and regulations, such as AVG, WOB, Archiefwet, ISO-27001/2 (Bio)
- Management and monitoring of the data platform
- Delivery of reports for mobility, spatial planning, and energy transition.
ALTEN added value
- Implementation of the provincial data policy
- Helping the organization to transition to work in a data-driven manner
- Enable the province to spend more time analysing data than collecting data
- Acceleration of projects because the necessary data is already available
Software and skills
- MS Azure Cloud Platform
- MS Azure SQL Database
- MS PowerBI
- MS Azure API Management
- MS Azure Architecture
- MS PowerBI embedded
- NET portal
A data platform in Microsoft Azure has been created that implements the province’s data policy and that gives insight in mobility, spatial planning, and energy transition. A strategic partnership between ALTEN and the province has been established in which the platform is improved and expanded by ALTEN teams as well as maintained in daily operation.