ALTEN Nederland is looking for a talented and motivated Legal Counsel to support our rapidly growing and evolving businesses in the Netherlands.
You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with broad, generalist responsibilities, but with specialist legal subject skills in commercial law, corporate law and labour law.
You will be responsible for counseling the business operations in Dutch entities, by giving pro-active, professional, competent, effective legal support.
You’ll need to bring negotiation and drafting skills with some business sense to deal with multiple functional teams in a rapidly scaling business.
You will collaborate with regional, local and corporate business leaders as well as with supporting areas (Finance, Admin, Accounting & HR) advising on legal risks, business strategies and other issues related to the company’s businesses.
You will be required to work independently as well as part of various teams and take on projects in addition to the daily day job. The position reports to the Head of legal Europe ALTEN Group and local country managers.
- Providing legal advice and support on a wide range of legal activities (corporate, commercial, compliance matters, GDPR, IPR,..);
- Drafting and negotiating simple and complex contracts (private and public tenders);
- Advising on general business law issues and managing them operationally;
- Work in close cooperation with other colleagues from the legal department internationally;
- Deal with complex matters with different stakeholders across the organization;
- Advise the management with respect to legal risks, always with a solution-oriented approach,
- Act as compliance ambassador and implement Group compliance program policies and litigation legal reporting;
- Follow up of the board and shareholders’ meetings/resolutions drafting for Dutch companies;
- Ensure the management of the Dutch companies’ insurance portfolio in conjunction with the insurance broker and the Financial Manager.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Master’s degree in commercial law;
- 3-5 years of experience in providing legal advice on a wide variety of legal matters, ideally within an in-house/corporate environment;
- Experience within social law in the Netherlands;
- Excellent organisational skills, able to work under pressure and in autonomy;
- Outstanding communication skills;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Strong research and writing skills;
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity;
- Fluent English and Dutch language skills required;
- You have and are capable to work in a challenging, dynamic and international environment;
- You look forward to taking on a varied workload;
- You have an eye for detail, a proactive approach, and are able to meet commitments and deadlines.