With your skills in the field of IT-Networking, you ensure that our services are excellent internally and towards our customers. Do you also think it is an interesting opportunity to work in an international team? then continue reading.
The network engineer fulfils a key part in ensuring the Alten DSI Services activities run as smooth and effective as possible. As network engineer, you are an IT networking specialist responsible for delivering excellent IT networking services to Alten and Alten’ clients. You follow the company’s procedures and processes and maintain good relationships with colleagues and the customers. You can work independently and as a member of the Global Networking Team in operational tasks and projects.
As a network engineer, you will report directly to the Global Network manager. You will be responsible for the support, planning, documentation, implementation, and maintenance of the company's network and the Alten customers’ infrastructure. The network engineer will work collaboratively with the Alten Global network teams, Support teams and Business Managers.
- Provide IT networking Services for Alten’ own IT infrastructure and for clients’ IT infrastructures;
- Support and maintain complex network systems including routers, switches, firewalls, proxies, out of band; management, wireless access point and controllers, and monitoring platforms;
- Build/maintain IT networking knowledge/skills level as well as keep up with new technologies, products, and versions;
- Attend meetings and conference calls with customers and partners;
- Ensure service delivery is compliant with ALTEN IT processes and SLA’s;
- Keep ALTEN Services related procedures and documentation up to date;
- Participate in ALTEN DSI & Global Network improvement developments and projects;
- Work closely with Business Managers, Service Delivery Managers, Support teams and other teams in projects or support activities;
- Work with international support teams and align support activities;
- Network fault identification and correction;
- Network optimization and monitoring.
You have a Bachelor Education Level or relevant professional certifications, good analytical and troubleshooting skill, with good communication skills in English, and at least 3 to 5 years of working experience in IT.
You can tell us with enthusiasm that you have experience with:
- Cisco and FortiGate (firewalls);
- Cisco, Aruba and HPE (switches, routers);
- Cisco and Aruba (access points and wireless controllers);
- FortiGate SD-WAN knowledge;
- IT Routing and Switching knowledge;
- remote access and site to site VPN technologies;
- IT Network Security knowledge.
It is not a requirement, but it would be a plus if you have experience with:
- One or multiple certifications in the following manufacturers: HPE, ARUBA, Fortinet or Cisco Network Associate or Professional certifications;
- Routing, switching and security industry standards and best practices;
- Cloud proxy solutions, software defined Networks and Alarm and Monitoring solutions;
- Generic IT landscape knowledge;
- Experience in participating industry certification (ISO/IEC and others);
- ITIL processes.
Within our organization you will work in an international team in where a lot of knowledge is available, there is a nice atmosphere and room for initiative and growth.
In addition, we believe that as an IT professional you will never stop learning and that is why we give you the opportunity to further develop both personally and professionally. When you start working with us, we ensure that you obtain the necessary certificates to perform your role optimally.
Hard work is rewarded with a good salary and a yearly performance bonus, but relaxation is just as important to us, so we provide you with 27 vacation days. Not enough? Then you can buy 10 more. You don't have to worry about your pension, we will arrange that for you (non-contributory pension scheme).
ALTEN IT maakt onderdeel uit van ALTEN Nederland en is gespecialiseerd in Softwaretesten, Software Development, BI en Analytics consultancy in verschillende branches. Binnen Alten kom je terecht in een divers maar hecht team dat zich bezig houdt met de laatste ontwikkelingen op het gebied van Agile en software ontwikkeling. Bij ALTEN staan mensen, kennis, plezier en technologie centraal.
Onze klanten bevinden zich in de top 100 van Nederland. De klantenkring varieert van telecomproviders, overheden, energiemaatschappijen, financiële instellingen en industriële ondernemingen tot zakelijke dienstverleners.
ALTEN biedt volop uitdaging, solliciteer daarom nu om ons team te versterken!