Embedded Software Engineer
ALTEN’s offices manage the delivery of projects for leading technical businesses across the Netherlands. This may be on the customer’s premises or at the Alten Delivery Centres in Eindhoven, Capelle a/d IJssel or Apeldoorn.
Your duties will focus on R&D or the extension of existing systems for the manufacturing industry. This may include industrial, traffic & transport, defence and telecoms projects. You will mainly be involved in software design conception, refinement and implementation. The development environments may vary from embedded Windows to Linux on a range of hardware platforms. Our preferred development methodology is Agile/Scrum.
ALTEN Netherlands has ambitious aims for growth in the coming years. These goals form part of the ALTEN Group’s international strategy, which will naturally provide many opportunities for committed school-leavers like yourself! If you choose a career at Alten, you can into e.g. a Systems Engineer, Architect, Technical Team Lead or even the ultimate Specialist.
ALTEN offers challenges galore – apply now to enhance our team!
– a completed technical degree in (Technical) Computer Science, electrical engineering or
measurement & control
– professional software development experience with C/C++ in embedded environments
– plus: experience in developing device drivers, boot loaders
– plus: knowledge of hardware and specific processors
– plus: knowledge of networking protocols and interfaces
– experience of implementing numerical algorithms
– experience of Windows and/or Unix/Linux development environments
– knowledge of software model design and simulation
• interesting projects, mainly in the Netherlands but potentially throughout Europe
• an ambitious environment with technically-minded colleagues
• immediate employment on a permanent contract
• our full attention and space to develop both technically and personally
• an excellent salary and fantastic benefits, including company car, non-contributory pension and of course an ample training budget
• an international ambience with many contacts across Europe