Scientific Software Engineer
ALTEN’s offices manage the delivery of projects for leading technical businesses across the Netherlands. This may be on the customer’s premises or at the Alten Delivery Centres in Eindhoven, Capelle a/d IJssel or Apeldoorn.
Your duties will straddle the field of software engineering and one or more scientific disciplines and will require a multidisciplinary approach. These projects will often involve a strong mathematical element and span all market sectors, such as the development of medical tools, simulating oil fields, risk analysis for the financial world and dynamic models for calculating water streams.
ALTEN Netherlands has ambitious aims for growth in the coming years. These goals form part of the Alten Group’s international strategy, which will naturally provide many opportunities for committed school-leavers like yourself! If you choose a career at Alten, you can into e.g. a Systems Engineer, Architect, Technical Team Lead or even the ultimate Specialist.
Alten offers challenges galore – apply now to enhance our team!
- a completed undergraduate, postgraduate degree or PhD in Applied Computing, Physics or Mathematics
- professional software development experience with C/C++/Fortran and modelling packages such as Matlab
- experience of implementing numerical algorithms
- experience of Windows and/or Unix/Linux development environments
- knowledge of software model design and simulation
- interesting projects, mainly in the Netherlands but potentially throughout Europe
- an ambitious environment with technically-minded colleagues
- immediate employment on a permanent contract
- our full attention and space to develop both technically and personally
- an excellent salary and fantastic benefits, including company car, non-contributory pension and of course an ample training budget
- an international ambience with many contacts across Europe
Are you interested to learn the story of one of our Scientific Software Engineers? Please read the story of Bernhard through this link.